Soft Condensed Matter, Biological Physics Experiment & Statistical Physics Seminars
Week beginning 25 September 2016
Monday 26 Sep 16 - 1:00pm
Soft meets hard: a microscopic view of the freeze-thaw stability of Pickering emulsions
Katy Dickinson (University of Edinburgh)
Monday 3 Oct 16 - 1:00pm - Room 2511
Carolina Pereira (University of Edinburgh)
Monday 10 Oct 16 - 1:00pm - Room 2511
Marieke Schor (University of Edinburgh)
Monday 17 Oct 16 - 1:00pm - Room 2511
Davide Michieletto (University of Edinburgh)
Explore the Lunchtime Seminars archive
Note for speakers
- We try to encourage an informal atmosphere.
- To encourage discussion, talks are limited to 30/40 mins plus up to 20/10 mins for questions.
- Almost any style of talk is allowed and resident speakers are encouraged to give a variety of different types of talk during their stay at Edinburgh. Examples include talks about the speaker's research, a particular paper or publication (`Journal Club' talks), pedagogical talks, question-and-answer sessions, etc.
- Speakers are encouraged to pitch their seminars to the whole group.
- I would be grateful if the next speaker on the list could inform me of the title and short abstract (it should fit onto the usual advertising poster) of his/her talk by Wednesday of the week before, to allow me to do the advertising.
- Anyone unable to give their talk on the scheduled date should in the first instance try to rearrange with someone else on the list, and only then inform me of the final outcome so that I can change the rota.
- Talks of soft condensed matter students can only be cancelled with permission from Prof. Cates, and should be done as far in advance as possible to give some chance of finding a replacement.
- If anyone would like to volunteer a seminar themselves, knows of a visitor or new arrival who might be willing to give a talk, or for any other queries, please contact the seminar organiser (see below for email address).